• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some adobe fonts disappear suddenly until I ran adobe creative cloud

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Days ago I installed adobe "source han sans" and "source han serif" so I can use them in adobe premiere pro. These are Chinese fonts (or CJK, not sure).

Today, while in premiere pro, I saved another version of the file I'm editing and suddenly started seeing some error messages about fonts. After testing in a word processor I realize the two fonts above has disappeared.

Eventually I ran adobe creative cloud app and click font manager. There it started updating something and then the two fonts came back. However, the premiere pro project I was editing was slightly messed up. I had to reassign the font name to some text and reedit spacing.

Any idea why the fonts diappeared and how to prevent it from happening again?

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Whether one likes it or not, if one is using any fonts from the Adobe Fonts service, the Creative Desktop application must be running. That application should startup when you boot your system; that is its default. I know that intuitively, many of us are very wary of any program or service that starts up when booting, but (1) this particular application does not use much system overhead and (2) there has to be some consistently available resource to manage the availability of these fonts (or any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whether one likes it or not, if one is using any fonts from the Adobe Fonts service, the Creative Desktop application must be running. That application should startup when you boot your system; that is its default. I know that intuitively, many of us are very wary of any program or service that starts up when booting, but (1) this particular application does not use much system overhead and (2) there has to be some consistently available resource to manage the availability of these fonts (or any other shared Creative Cloud assets) for when you need them.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines