• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SUGGESTION !!!!! For an annoyance....fonts not loading without Creative Cloud App active first...

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Minion Pro font will not load properly (especially in InDesign) unless Creative Cloud App is already open.  I should not have to open CC in order to work on a document and loose the fonts.  Also... If I open CC the font does not automatically update in InDesign.  So to correct the problem, I have to close InDesign and open CC, then I can reopen InDesign and fonts are available. I suppose I could figure out how to download the font into my computer (antiquated) or is there a setting?????... It's really just an annoyance.  At least it should update when CC opens. 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fonts are a live thing, coming from the internet. They are not available to download as font files. I guess Creative Cloud is what manages making your subscribed fonts available. Better perhaps than having still another background task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why doesn't it automatically update when opening CC? Why do I have to do that first? And sometimes CC won't open properly...  If fonts are a live thing, why are some available offline and some aren’t?  Still confusing. I guess some aren’t strictly Adobe...  ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, there are fonts made by Adobe. There are fonts that used to be sold by Adobe. And there are today's "Adobe fonts", which are a subscription live service (also available to web designers). Your system will have many fonts that aren't "Adobe Fonts", some of which might even be made by Adobe. I'm not sure I'm making things any clearer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines