• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trade Gothic LH Bold Extended

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this face is not part of Adobe and this 'change' that is coming in 2023 - why is this happening again!? - is just going to invalidate the tens of thousands of faces I have. Most design shops, art directors etc, and just going into this blind and waiting to see what will happen to all their fonts and, I guess, we all just scramble to find something else. 

Anyhow, does anybody know if Trade Gothic LH Bold Extended is a face we can have or do we need to go buy it... again?

thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for writing to us . Trade Gothic Next is a revision of the original typeface, so it is similar to Trade Gothic LH Bold but not exactly the same.  If you need an exact match you have  to separately license that font from Monotype, probably via fonts.com. The former is not supported by the Adobe Fonts service.

I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you need more clarification.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for writing to us . Trade Gothic Next is a revision of the original typeface, so it is similar to Trade Gothic LH Bold but not exactly the same.  If you need an exact match you have  to separately license that font from Monotype, probably via fonts.com. The former is not supported by the Adobe Fonts service.

I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you need more clarification.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is Trade Gothic LH Bold something I can activate through Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I would say no you have no option to activate the same Trade Gothic LH Bold in Adobe Fonts. But, you could always If you need an exact match you have  to separately license that font from Monotype, probably via fonts.com

You could use it through third-party websites always.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So when I go into the "Adobe Fonts (web) Thousands of fonts to explore and use in any application" and type in something obvious, Helvetica, is there no version Adobe has that can replace the existing that are no longer supported? InDesign, (not with all files even though they have unsupported fonts in them), gives a warning but the fonts still work. I'm so confused by this stuff - and the idea of going back and licensing thousands of fonts seems crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines