Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Adobe Font account from employee ID to company ID

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Let's say a user with a CC license creates a project in Adobe Fonts/Typekit and the organization uses that project for the fonts on their website. Then the user who created the project leaves the organization, and their CC account is removed. What happens to the Adobe Fonts/Typekit project? Will it be deleted and will the fonts no longer work on the website?

Thanks!

Travis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis,

If the company is dependent on the Adobe Fonts used for their site, I recommend that the company link the Creative Cloud license to their Adobe account instead of relying on the license of the employee. If it is a client that we are talking of here, the account should be tied to the client's subscription and not with that of the vendor.

Coming to your question, the fonts will be removed from the site and replaced with fallback (default) fonts after the subscription expires.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks for the reply! That's the info I was looking for. I'm unfamiliar with how Adobe accounts work. How does one link the CC license to the company Adobe account? Does this company account have a specific user account? For example, does their need to be a generic account like info@company.com for this to work?

Best,

Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going with the assumption that you are creating a website for a client that has a CC subscription.

When you use Adobe Fonts in a site, you will be using a piece of code that links the fonts to a stylesheet. The code looks like this

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.typekit.net/dim1zjz.css">

This stylesheet (in this case dim1zjz.css) is specific to the CC account that was used to generate the code. When you hand over the site to a client, you will have to regenerate the code from the Adobe Fonts site, and update the name of the CSS file at all places where you have used the code.

For more info, see Typekit Help | Add fonts to your website

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my initial post. Yes, you are right that I am creating a site for a client. However, I will not be using my CC account to create the project. Our client gave us one of their employee's logins to create the project so that it is not tied to us. But, they are worried that if that employee were to leave, and their Adobe account is removed, the fonts will no longer work.

I'm wondering if there is a safer way to create the project within the organization so that this type of problem doesn't happen.

Thank you!

Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need more clarity here:

• Who owns the license to the CC account - Your client or their employee?

If your client owns the account, they will have to contact Adobe Customer care Contact Customer Care​ to check for options to move the account to the company's Adobe ID. After they have done that, they can ask the employee to generate the code in Adobe Fonts using the company's ID and send that code over to you.

If it is the employee's personal account. then your client will have to purchase a subscription to the CC and follow the rest of the steps above.

Let me know if this makes sense, and if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran,

We are having this same issue. However, when the person who has access logs into the Adobe Master Account (used to magage all the employee accounts), they do not see the "Add to Web Project" button on the typekit font page that they'd use to generate the css code.  It looks like this is due to the fact that the master account is not a licensed CC user, even though it is used to license other Adobe CC users, such as myself. What can we do to have the Adobe master account have access to creating typekit web projects?

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines