• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type 1 font deactivation in 2023?

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! What can I do about all my Type 1 fonts that Adobe plans to deactivate in 2023?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Nobody is deactivating anything, but their software will no longer work with Type 1 fonts. I believe that both Apple and Microsoft are moving away from Type 1 and have been using OpenType for quite some time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is deactivating anything, but their software will no longer work with Type 1 fonts. I believe that both Apple and Microsoft are moving away from Type 1 and have been using OpenType for quite some time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't use them in Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop etc.) isn't that the same thing as deactivating the fonts? Adobe doesn't offer any solution, just "bye-bye".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be pedantic, no, but the only two solutions are 1. convert to OpenType 2. buy/download again

I have Type 1 fonts that aren't even available anymore, so I hear ya. Computing the past decade has seen a bunch of forced changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines