• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate any new fonts

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, I am completely unable to activate any new fonts. This is my first experience with Adobe Fonts since they changed it from Typekit, for what it's worth.

Whenever I go to the fonts tab of the CC app and hit "browse all fonts", the toggle switches do not show up on the Fonts website. I'm logged in, I have a full CC subscription, and I've tried multiple browsers.

It seems to me as though Adobe (the Fonts website in particular) does not recognize that I'm logged in or that I have CC. Instead of the toggle switches to activate the fonts, it just says "Available with CC" in its place. Everything else about the website seems to be functioning properly. I can see my account info, my color libraries, the fonts I've activated in the past, etc etc. But for whatever reason, the toggle switches on the fonts just aren't there.

I talked to support and all they could offer me was a snarky response saying "well it worked for me. try downloading mozilla firefox i know it will work there" (verbatim, that's what they said). I find it a little hard to believe that everyone using CC needs to download an entirely new web browser just to activate fonts, but that's the only thing even close to a solution I was offered.

Any ideas on what to do or how to get around this? I've tried in both Safari and Chrome. My CC version says it's 4.8.1.435, and I'm on a Macbook running High Sierra 10.13.6. The only thing I can think of is that I need to update my macOS, although this seems like a pretty small thing to update my whole OS for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't had a chance to look at the solutions in this document Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud​ I suggest you give them a go and let us know  how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines