• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Usage case of downloaded font and licensed content after monthly subscription ended

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am very new to this cloud model of adobe though to always having used OS/Free software and GPL licensed materials etc.

Follwing scenario applies:

We ordered a animation subscription, of monthly, payment is due monthly and  so, looks like this:
Monats-Abo — 35,69 €/Monat inkl. MwSt
Now two qestions are totally bothering:
1: I was informed via phone as presales answer, that I could not only use 20 fonts, like I have read, but all Adobe fonts. Ok, I also made the subscription because of that fact, that we will use the Eurostile font in 2- 3 versions. It is inside the adobe fonts portfolio.
Arrived in the site, registered and activated all, I have to only find out, that adobe makes again differences, font folio and adobe (open font or so). Nice whats next?
I wasted another day getting digged deep inside uselessly long text. To find out, Oh yes, luckily ANY Eurostile is in the font folio.
So , I can download it. But where....?
Guys, is this supposed to be a labyrinth, then write it next to the Buy button. So, what am I going to do is, download this font, use it in an online designer tool, create the logo, export a PDF and am happy???
But I wanted initially NOT the Eurostile Std But the one in the searated font what ever, salad.

2. when I finally have downloaded, I will ocasionally use the software aninmaiton tool if I like it, maybe try another, after a while, I cancel the subscription. Do I need to delete the logo than? which of course reseides, in flyers, forms rinted in our copmany, on the website and all under the terms I have been told as presales answer "every adobe font"....
Thanks for a super fast reply I hope, cause I already now am on this 2-3 days.
Thanks.
Andre

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohm , and I avoid a further talk to the supporter here in Germany. He was taking care of 6 o 7 times repeating himself that I can find what wasnt there... I think, he was nice, before he became supporter. Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, TOPIC solved myself through reading.

Well, the font library "Adobe Fonts" and the complete package "Font Folio" have differences, I am not going to handle here But I feel its a lot hidden in dumps of clever psychological sales language and copy... To this topic, here on adobe many words are spoken, sadly not all logically ending a sentence.

Solution:

I bought acces for a month into animate  month tariff, this costs me amount X, on top it holds the license in place to use. (Be careful for it could be too late to cancel and another monthly period gets billed, therefore cancel directly, nothing holds you back to be clean and still use what you paid for. !AHA! If you do so, as used to, you are out, money paid back and out. So, for a full month, you better cancel after 14 days, cause then you can use the rest of the month, the other 14 days,  ...)

ADOBE FONTS

I picked 3 font faces from there.  I can use and have them live on medias, webs etc whichever platforms are allowed, when I want to finish the subscription I search for that fonts in a font website and then best their Partner and can simply activate/upload. 

Thats it, if I am not too wrong. 
or?

But what about wanting to use it on a tool which is used to design online... as browser app.

Needs an upload.

how?

Then the wordplay Adobe Fonts must come to my mind, shall peole maybe confuse?

Or give the supporter a hand to let the interest run into a subscription?

Next to a terrible UI of this website, I feel not well with all that impersonality here. (I thin one can say clearly I mean the company, not the user community) . "Manage fonts"  A dropdown where all are gathered, at first site, no selection really exists and a button. This comes over lie a cheaper G3 Mobile Game.

Whatever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention Adobe Font Folio. I am going to assume you do not have this and what to know what it is. Adobe Font Folio provides permanent licenses to all Adobe fonts. The price is less than it was, it is now available from $3000 for 5 users.

By contrast Adobe Fonts is a subscription service. You can use the fonts only while you stay subscribed, and they will disappear after that. If you used the fonts in printed material, to make a PDF, or to create a bitmap graphic (PNG), then these will still work indefinitely (of course, what is on paper, stays on paper!). But you will no longer be able to edit any material, or use this font on any web site. If you pay for the month, you get the fonts for the month - this is not a way to get Adobe fonts forever, by paying for a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I got this digged out of the back and forth bumping terms also.
But kindly, please tell me, now I want the Eurostile Extended font download and load it up into a design tool. Work with it, create the logo, download this and keep the logo as work. Delete the font in the designer tool (canva, etc.)

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines