• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Fonts for Client Websites - best options?

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main question is : Am I right in thinking that any client websites using Adobe Fonts will need their own Creative Cloud account in order to continue using them after Dec 31st 2019? [1]

This doesn't seem ideal - is there no other licensing option? From reading old forum entries it seems like their used to be a "business license" on Typekit which allowed agencies to use Typekit fonts on client sites.

I have many smaller clients who don't want to be managing licenses for multiple things and just want me to look after it all - I can't imagine they will be comfortable with needing a Creative Cloud account.

How are other agencies / design companies handling this issue?

Thanks,
Frank

[1] FAQ on licensing and web fonts

Can I use web fonts for my client websites?

The Terms of Use currently permits agency reselling, until December 31, 2019. After that time, your client would need their own Creative Cloud subscription to use for the web font hosting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@frank, I'm wondering what information you've gathered on this, if any, since you posted this. I'm curious about the same issues in a client-agency set up. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines