Web Projects tab not showing in CC app and website lockout

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the CC desktop app i can select Adobe fonts but wait a minute Web projects (showing on the Adobe fonts website) Is missing. All i see is Droid sans under 'Active fonts'

Also when i search for any fonts i've used for Web projects they all show Available in CC, infact all fonts on the Adobe Fonts website have this and no option to make a web project - it used to show a </> icon i think.

What am i supposed to know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I just dug out this email from November 2018 and i think it answers my question at least 70%:

You’ve subscribed to Typekit — thousands of fonts you can use on the web or your desktop. As we mentioned in our last email, we’re making some changes to our service that will affect your plan for this email address (tedversicolor@mac.com). 

As part of our move to Adobe Fonts, we have discontinued standalone Typekit plans, and will not bill you again for yours. You’re still covered for fonts on web and desktop and there will not be any interruption to your font service.

In early 2019, we’ll add a free year of Adobe XD CC to your Adobe account, which will extend your font licensing for a full year. This is just one of the Creative Cloud single-app plans that includes our complete library of fonts. 

At the end of your free year, you can renew Adobe XD or choose another Creative Cloud plan that fits your needs and price point. There are more fonts in the library now than we’ve ever had before (over 14,000), and we’ve lifted sync and domain limits to make them a lot easier to get to. 

You’ll get another email from us once we’ve made the change to your account. Questions in the meantime? Let us know at fontsupport@adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trametes,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Adding fonts to web projects does not activate the fonts on your computer. The desktop app only shows fonts that you have activated for desktop use. You will need to activate the fonts to use them in desktop programs.

Please see this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/add-fonts-website.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Troubleshooting
Feedback & Suggestions
Fonts Licensing