• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What font do you use instead of Escrow Banner?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I've found out that Escrow Banner is not available anymore. I use this font in many projects and I wonder if any of you have already found a replacement to this nice font. I don't have the cash to acquire the font by bureau. Adobe said they would provide, when a font is retired, an alternative font suggestion. However, I haven't received anything like this.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

If you look at the Search bar on the fonts.adobe.com page, you'll see a camera icon. That lets you upload a picture of text created with the font you're looking for. I took a picture of the Escrow Banner sample text on the Type Network site and uploaded it to Adobe.

This is the sample:

escrow banner font.png

The search suggests Kepler.

kepler font.png

I'm not a designer, but it looks fairly similar. There's like 168 fonts in that typeface; I suspect you can find something with the right spacing and weight without too much difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Escrow Banner is still available. It was just removed from the Adobe Stock subscription - the owner took it away and decided to sell it instead. You can buy many faces from about $40 per face: https://store.typenetwork.com/foundry/fontbureau/series/escrow?family=escrow-banner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I know it's still available as a pay option, but I was wondering if someone had found a font available in adobe fonts to replace it. 

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the Search bar on the fonts.adobe.com page, you'll see a camera icon. That lets you upload a picture of text created with the font you're looking for. I took a picture of the Escrow Banner sample text on the Type Network site and uploaded it to Adobe.

This is the sample:

escrow banner font.png

The search suggests Kepler.

kepler font.png

I'm not a designer, but it looks fairly similar. There's like 168 fonts in that typeface; I suspect you can find something with the right spacing and weight without too much difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. It's not quite the same, but looks similar enough. I'll replace it with Kepler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines