• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY is Adobe's FONT MANAGEMENT so crap?...

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open with InDesign and what happens?...

LONG LIST of missing fonts.
Search Adobe Fonts - and THERE they all are.
I mean,,, WTF?
Who is programming this stuff - and why are they so technically incompetant?

I HAVE NOT LEFT THE ADOBE ECOSPHERE.
If I open an InDesign document - why can't it just open immediately with all the fonts in place?

SERIOUSLY... would it be that difficult?
Even better when you go to Adobe Fonts, activate the font, re-open with InDesign and it STILL doesn't recognise that the font is there.
With million of people paying millions of dollars each month - can't adobe just hire some better programmers?
Imagine asking a hotel for toast, only to be told "Sorry, there is no toast" - but the hotel has bread and a toaster...   You'd hire better staff, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue with Adobe Fonts in InDesign? We would like to if this happened with InDesign or other products as well.

We will try our best to investigate.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too, most frustrating thing on earth! Been trying to load fonts for the last hour. Wake up Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely second this post. I never, NEVER had a smooth experience of fonts management.

This is something you wouldn't expect from a company that takes billions from their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Francesco26645489qo9a,

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know which Adobe app you're using? Are you getting the missing font error? We're here to help, just need some info from you to help you further.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines