• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow Design Studio License

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New fonts from Yellow Studio Design just arrived in the Adobe Fonts library.

On the studio website, the desktop license limits the numbers of prints (in my case I do packagings) to 250 000 units.

Does this limited license apply to every Yellow Studio Design fonts used through Adobe Fonts or do you garantee that every font on your website is free to uses (in duration and number) for any commercial use?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Hi @Chloé28225663anho,

Thanks for writing to us. I would like to inform you that there is no limit to using Yellow Studio Design font via Adobe fonts on the websites & on the number of impressions or items you may produce. 

Please check this article and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-client

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chloé28225663anho,

Thanks for writing to us. I would like to inform you that there is no limit to using Yellow Studio Design font via Adobe fonts on the websites & on the number of impressions or items you may produce. 

Please check this article and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-client

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your answer!

It is very helpful,

Chloé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar question. I noticed that below "The full Adobe Fonts library is cleared for both personal and commercial use." Typically there is mantion of Logos & Video and Broadcast. The lower part of the section there is a disclaimer to "Visit [font house name/link] to purchase additional licensing and services, including:" Typically followed by: 

• Mobile Apps: Embed fonts in your app UI
  • Self Hosting: Host web font files on your own server
  • Custom Services: Request modifications or bespoke fonts directly from the foundry
  • Volume licensing: Use the fonts across your whole organization

When visiting the font house license, occasionally there are specific additional licenses required for logos, or video and broadcast, and the commercial volume limit mentioned in original post. This conflict causes a lot of concern for commercial client work. My questions are.
1). Does the Adobe license superceed the font house call outs for additional licenses?

2). If the font is later removed from Adobe, are printed works, reprints, video and broadcast protected by the former Adobe license that was available during the original creation of the work?
3). Is a list of removed fonts retained and accessible to Adobe subscribers?

Attached example Nova Type "Lemongrass" font: Adobe font licensing section image, Nova Type special licenses image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fonts you use from Adobe fonts are ruled by Adobe's license. The foundries agree to license their fonts to Adobe for inclusion into the fonts library. Adobe pays for that the foundry. As long as the contract with the foundry is valid, fonts are available via Adobe to Adobe's licensing terms. That may also mean, that when the fonts are no more offered on Adobe's site, that you can't use the font anymore, without taking a license from the foundry. 

So Adobe's turf, Adobe's rules. Someone else's turf, their rules. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines