• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated Adobe fonts do not show in Silhouette Studio

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have activated several Adobe fonts successfully and used them in both Adobe and non-Adobe apps. However I cannot get them to appear in Silhouette Studio Business Edition. I have followed the suggestion of  looking in the folder C:\Users\…\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts but there is never anything there.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would most strongly suggest that you contact Sihouette's Technical Support.

Fonts that are activated via the Adobe Fonts Service are discoverable by any application that uses standard Windows font enumeration services which will make such fonts available to such applications. That is how the vast majority of Windows applications discover and use fonts. If an application is counting on font files physically being in the C:\Windows\Fonts or the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts directory, it will definitely will not have access to fonts activated via the Adobe Fonts Service. Note that the actual font files associated with fonts served via the Aodbe Fonts Service are not directly accessible to applications or users.

One other possibility is that this particular application only allows use of TrueType or OpenType TTF fonts. The vast majority of the fonts provided by the Adobe Fonts Service are in OpenType CFF format. This application may be intentionally (or perhaps unintentionally) filtering out any OpenType CFF fonts.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your email.That is very helpful and rather what I was
thinking might be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines