Adobe fonts show up as heavy bold in Microsoft Word

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I attempt to use Adobe fonts (for example Caslon or Garamond) in Microsoft Word for Mac 16.40 (20081000) they appear as quite heavy bold even when I have roman selected. See the attached screenshot:
Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 2.26.28 PM.png

How can I view these fonts normally in MS Word?

Thanks!
C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe fonts show up as heavy bold in Microsoft Word

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I attempt to use Adobe fonts (for example Caslon or Garamond) in Microsoft Word for Mac 16.40 (20081000) they appear as quite heavy bold even when I have roman selected. See the attached screenshot:
Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 2.26.28 PM.png

How can I view these fonts normally in MS Word?

Thanks!
C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
Len0D4E LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro and the Adobe Caslon Pro text in a Word document always displays as bold. It does not change when I select Regular font. As an attempted solution, I removed the Adobe Caslon Pro Bold font within Font Book, but when I go to Word and select Adobe Caslon Pro regular font, the text still appears as bold. The text does not change when I select the bold button either. I am using Microsoft Word for Mac 16.40. Existing documents using this font are now displaying in bold font. I do not have a problem with other fonts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0