Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts - Webproject - Fonts Missing

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have recently used "Futura PT" for a webproject by adding the given Link to the head-section of a website. It works fine on desktop computers but for Mobile it doesnt work in any browser under iOS Iphone 5/6/7.

I suspect the reason being missing font formats. If I follow the link given by Adobe Fonts I see the following font-declaration in source code:

@Font-face {

font-family:"futura-pt";

src:url("https://use.typekit.net/af/2cd6bf/00000000000000000001008f/27/l?primer=7cdcb44be4a7db8877f fa5c0007b...") format("woff2"),url("https://use.typekit.net/af/2cd6bf/00000000000000000001008f/27/d?primer=7cdcb44be4a7db8877f fa5c0007b...") format("woff"),url("https://use.typekit.net/af/2cd6bf/00000000000000000001008f/27/a?primer=7cdcb44be4a7db8877f fa5c0007b...") format("opentype");

font-style:normal;font-weight:500;

}

I guess we are missing the formats ".ttf" and ".svg" for Mobile Browsers in general:

@Font-face {

font-family: 'MyWebFont';

src: url('webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */

src: url('webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */

url('webfont.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */

url('webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Pretty Modern Browsers */

url('webfont.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */

url('webfont.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */

}

Many of our clients focus heavily on mobile webdesign, it is a shame we wont be able to use Adobe Fonts professionally.

Is there a workaround for this Problem? Is Adobe aware of this grave problem?

Thanks for answering.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Hi Wiebked,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand it could be annoying, to get missing fonts on mobile browsers. However, Adobe fonts serve the appropriate font file format to all of our support browsers. Please see this help page: Typekit Help | Browser and OS support​

We'd like to confirm if you're using the correct font family (Eg. using"Futura PT" instead of "futura-pt") and if you can please share the URL of your website so that we can take a look at our end?

Please let us know if you've a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wiebked,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand it could be annoying, to get missing fonts on mobile browsers. However, Adobe fonts serve the appropriate font file format to all of our support browsers. Please see this help page: Typekit Help | Browser and OS support​

We'd like to confirm if you're using the correct font family (Eg. using"Futura PT" instead of "futura-pt") and if you can please share the URL of your website so that we can take a look at our end?

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines