Adobe Fonts won't work with Creative Cloud Version 4.9.0.504

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here; hoping someone from Adobe can help.

I recently discovered that Adobe Fonts are no longer syncing to my Creative Cloud application. I'm able to sign in to fonts.adobe.com in a browser and activate / deactivate fonts just fine. But when I open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Fonts tab, none of the activated fonts appear; I just get the attached window that says "Loading Fonts Panel" with an endlessly spinning wheel.

What's odd is that fonts that I'd activated months / years ago in Adobe Fonts (some activated back when it was still called Typekit, I believe) are still available to use in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. However, fonts that I just tried activating today won't display in those applications.

Here's where I suspect my issues are stemming from, but I'd appreciate an expert diagnosis:

I'm on a Mac Pro Early 2008 running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I'm on Creative Cloud App Version 4.9.0.504, and using InDesign CC 2018, Photoshop CC 2018, and Illustrator CC 2018.

I realize those things are all old and outdated. I'm unable to update my OS past 10.11.6 given the age of my computer, which I understand means my Creative Cloud application can't be updated either.

What I don't understand, however, is that I was able to activate new Adobe Fonts in the very recent past, and now all of a sudden, I no longer can get them to work! Did Adobe recently completely discontinue Adobe Fonts support for the CC version I have installed? If not, what might explain why?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation, Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Fonts won't work with Creative Cloud Version 4.9.0.504

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here; hoping someone from Adobe can help.

I recently discovered that Adobe Fonts are no longer syncing to my Creative Cloud application. I'm able to sign in to fonts.adobe.com in a browser and activate / deactivate fonts just fine. But when I open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Fonts tab, none of the activated fonts appear; I just get the attached window that says "Loading Fonts Panel" with an endlessly spinning wheel.

What's odd is that fonts that I'd activated months / years ago in Adobe Fonts (some activated back when it was still called Typekit, I believe) are still available to use in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. However, fonts that I just tried activating today won't display in those applications.

Here's where I suspect my issues are stemming from, but I'd appreciate an expert diagnosis:

I'm on a Mac Pro Early 2008 running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I'm on Creative Cloud App Version 4.9.0.504, and using InDesign CC 2018, Photoshop CC 2018, and Illustrator CC 2018.

I realize those things are all old and outdated. I'm unable to update my OS past 10.11.6 given the age of my computer, which I understand means my Creative Cloud application can't be updated either.

What I don't understand, however, is that I was able to activate new Adobe Fonts in the very recent past, and now all of a sudden, I no longer can get them to work! Did Adobe recently completely discontinue Adobe Fonts support for the CC version I have installed? If not, what might explain why?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation, Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, same OS and apps versions for the same reasons.

I have shut down and re-started, uninstalled cc, reinstalled cc, tried the chat help which was a waste of time with no results after waiting for over one hour. All my Adobe fonts are activated but wont show in Illustrator (havent tried other programs yet because I would like to resolve the spinning wheel in the cc app. Althought I dont use the files section, it will not load either, but it would be good if everything worked properly. 

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today there was no long wait time to help chat today, so my issue has now been resolved via remote access. It appears that in the preferences of my CC desktop app the box "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" was ticked, making the most recent cc app not compatible with my older OS. Was very quick and easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, @Pollymophila.

I just unchecked "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date", signed out, restarted my computer, and signed back in, but the fonts panel still isn't loading.

By chance did you first have to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app completely and reinstall an older version?

Thanks again for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, however I contacted the Adobe help centre via chat and the support person accessed my computer remotely and did the work for me while I watched his actions. I didnt ask for an explanation, which in hindsight would have been useful.

I now find all my old installed apps no longer appear within the cc panel, only the current incompatible apps. However this is not a problem because I always open my apps from the dock not from the cc app, and I cant upgrade any further until I purchase a new computer...!

The bonus is that I am finding the programs are opening more quickly!! 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually - my older apps ARE still showing in the cc desktop app - I found an unticked tick box within the creative cloud prefs, so all is well 🙂 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Pollymophila. Which version of the Creative Cloud app do you now have installed?

Unfortunately, I uninstalled the Creative Cloud app, reinstalled version 4.9.0.504, and unchecked "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" under Preferences, and the Fonts panel still isn't loading!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version showing in my prefs is also 4.9.0.504.  I suggest you contact the Adobe support centre via chat. The support person accessed my computer remotely and quickly fixed it for me. Some other files required replacing or removing but I cant say what they were. 

Sorry I can help further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I'm on El capitan and can't sync my fonts anymore, would be great if the person who helped Pollymophila  could post the specified steps to solve this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue and good to know it isn't happening to just me. Tried a variety of things and it magically started working again, but the last couple times I went to activate it was broken again, including at this moment. Even having the type files I am having trouble activating them just as much. Maybe it's a Mac issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I just got offline with support and was essentially told I need to get a new computer and download the latest Creative Cloud apps (current computer is older and cannot update beyond El Capitan). If anyone does find a resolution/workaround to this problem, please let me know!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0