• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow for Custom Font Collections/Groups/Lists

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful if Adobe Fonts gave us the ability to create custom font lists so that we could organize our favorites.

Right now, the only way to mark fonts that I like without activating them is to favorite them. I work on a lot of different projects though, and I need to be able to make collections of fonts for different projects or purposed so that I can narrow down my view to only the fonts that are relevant to me. For instance, I have favorited a whole bunch of hand-written script fonts, but some of them I would only use for Christmas-themed designs, and others I'd only use for retro designs, and still others I'd use for a sign-painting style or a modern-hand lettering look.

Not having any way of organizing my favorites is really crippling to the process of selecting fonts for my projects. The only way I've been able to work around it is by just activating all of those fonts and then using my local font manager to create groups.

Having the ability to create custom font lists would solve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree with you!

Not being able to organize the activated fonts per project is a real shortcoming.

It would also be great if you had the choice to activate fonts permanently or document-related.

Adobe Fonts should have the same kind of function as you can use now: by putting document-related fonts in the 'Documents folder' of your Indesign-file, those fonts are activated automatically when opening the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines