Confused about Single Glyph/Character license use distinction/

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use a font for a clients logo. I read over the License terms and FAQs for adobe fonts and theres something Im confused about. It says that you can use a font for nearly any project, as many projects as your want, but single letters/characters/glyphs cannot be used to spell something out. (from here-on out I will use "letter(s)" for letters/characters/glyphs)

The project Im doing for the client involces a logo and the name of his company. Primarily he's needing it for cards, but Im certain it wouldn't be limited to cards. Im pretty sure he'll want to print out vinyl decals to put on his vehicle. But when you print out vinyl decals, the letters are no longer "connected" as an image, but are cut into seperate vinyl letters.

It seems . . . unlikely (imo) that you can use a font to print a card, but couldn't print vinyl decals. But I don't want either my client or myself getting sued. So I just wanted to confirm.

Does anyone have clarification on this matter? Your time and any feedback is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Confused about Single Glyph/Character license use distinction/

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use a font for a clients logo. I read over the License terms and FAQs for adobe fonts and theres something Im confused about. It says that you can use a font for nearly any project, as many projects as your want, but single letters/characters/glyphs cannot be used to spell something out. (from here-on out I will use "letter(s)" for letters/characters/glyphs)

The project Im doing for the client involces a logo and the name of his company. Primarily he's needing it for cards, but Im certain it wouldn't be limited to cards. Im pretty sure he'll want to print out vinyl decals to put on his vehicle. But when you print out vinyl decals, the letters are no longer "connected" as an image, but are cut into seperate vinyl letters.

It seems . . . unlikely (imo) that you can use a font to print a card, but couldn't print vinyl decals. But I don't want either my client or myself getting sued. So I just wanted to confirm.

Does anyone have clarification on this matter? Your time and any feedback is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2019 0

Have something to add?