• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS embed + flex box + align items center ... font alignment inside line height is wrong adobe!

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

im embedding my font Sofia Pro using Adobe fonts on my Bootstrap 4 website.

Now, i've came to the harsh conclussion that Adobe does not correctly align the webfont inside the line-height.

See examples:

test_font_sofia_pro.jpg

What this means: using flex-box align center (which aligns items in the real center of a plane) the objects are not visually centered with the text, because Adobe messed up the placement of the font inside the line-height.

I cant use margin-top: -1px on ALL the items to fix this problem. Which would result in a lot of css selectors.

Please fix the font. I've seen this problem before creating webfonts. It has usually something to do with the compression and placement of pixels which lowers the font inside the line-height.

Please fix 🙂 thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we encountered the same issue on our web services & design files. Sofia Pro from Adobe services is broken.
Is it possible to do anything to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The baseline shift problem seems fairly common but noone from Adobe has bothered to reply about the problem. I've posted here too - using "Obviously" font and there's a clear unwanted baseline shift down by a pixel or two - very cldear in buttons and pulldowns. Will this ever be addressed or even acknowledged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you get a reply or answer to this issue? We're also having this issue in Figma and website.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, its not fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are having the same problem with the Sofia Pro fonts. I would love to see a fix for this as well, as it makes the font useless in some applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello we are also having this issue, causing us a real headache. Can anyone from Adobe look into correcting it please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Adobe include the font in their offering, it isn't a font they made. I imagine they cannot fix fonts made by other foundries. I suggest you contact the original font foundry. It may be that they fix it, and that one day (perhaps) the fix would come into Adobe's offering. https://fonts.adobe.com/foundries/mostardesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I have contacted the author so let's see what happens 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the type foundry over Twitter. they got back with good news.

"Hi Matías. I have made new line-height for Sofia Pro Below a test with buttons with one line and 2 lines."

FNA9WZsXIAgI1li.jpeg

I haven't tested the font yet as I ended up downloading it from myfonts.com. ¿Can anyone confirm the new line height is working when serving Sofia Pro from Adobe? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue and can confirm it is NOT fixed yet in Adobe, even though the creator of the font files updated the fonts over a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are facing the same issue and would appreciate any update on this. I will also reach out to Adobe support team and update here again if we get any leads on it.

Sachin3218145799u5_0-1698796833869.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines