• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivated fonts with new update

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the most recent update and adobe automatically deactivated some of my fonts particularly Apres Narrow which I was using for a client project. Does anyone know what happened? I went back into adobe fonts to retrieve it again and now it's gone. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

I have provided two responses on these communities as to what is going on.

Please refer to my personal responses (i.e., from Dov Isaacs) at either https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/foundries-leaving-adobe-fonts/m-p/11230... or https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/m-p/11219128?page... for detailed information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I've lost one my central fonts (Benton Sans and Benton Sans Compressed). Did adobe lose the licenses to these fonts? Incredibly frustrating to deal with this and be given no notification at all adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I lost Benton Sans as well! Not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me as well with the Poynter Serif font. Very frustrating indeed. Please, I would like to know if Adobe is bringing back the font, or is the editorial work lost completely and we must start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem with this font, I had a project in FA and this had created a lot of trouble. I got no notifications from Adobe at all, this is not a realaible way to work with fonts anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me with a handful of fonts. In particular, Open Sans. 

Also, Adobe, add "Fonts" as a product to your phone support menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me  >:  missing Apres font family. Anyone know what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding from "chatting" with Adobe customer service and reading blogs is that these fonts have been de-activated (in other words, Adobe broke off the relationship with the Foundry who was supplying the fonts). I'm banging my head against the wall with Adobe trying to figure out how to avoid this situation again in the future, as it's so costly and time consuming to fix! Immensely frustrating. 

I've heard that using Adobe fonts (by the Adobe foundry) are more reliable and less likely to be de-activated with typekit. Can anyone confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand if relationships change but to have such a large font program like this that reaches millions of people, you would think that it would be secure and perfectly reliable to use as they offer it. Blows my mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is an aggressive move—just taking typefaces away without warning. People build systems of documents and brands relying on this service, and we recommend Adobe CC subscription to our clients with the assumption that they will be able to continue working in the files we provide. I was hoping this was somehow a bug. We've been using Benton Sans and Benton Modern in our communication materials for about a year, and will now need to decide whether to purchase the family (which is quite expensive) or redesign our documents (which also ain't cheap).

If this is a licensing change that wasn't proactively communicated (or communicated at all, for that matter), that's seriously disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have provided two responses on these communities as to what is going on.

Please refer to my personal responses (i.e., from Dov Isaacs) at either https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/foundries-leaving-adobe-fonts/m-p/11230... or https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/m-p/11219128?page... for detailed information.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines