Dinka alphabet font for Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a font in Adobe that contains the letters of the Dinka alphabet that I can use in Indesign.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

This article shows the alphabet, the Unicode points, and how to compose the ɛ̈ (open e with trema/umlaut) and ɔ̈ (open o with trema/umlaut) characters, which do not have a single Unicode point. It looks as if most Adobe western fonts will do this as they contain the necessary Greek characters (Ɛ, Ɣ) and Cyrillic (Ɔ). However, you may find fewer fonts with the Latin Eng character (Ŋ).  You also do not have to limit yourself to Adobe fonts, you can install any font you buy.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dinka alphabet font for Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a font in Adobe that contains the letters of the Dinka alphabet that I can use in Indesign.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

This article shows the alphabet, the Unicode points, and how to compose the ɛ̈ (open e with trema/umlaut) and ɔ̈ (open o with trema/umlaut) characters, which do not have a single Unicode point. It looks as if most Adobe western fonts will do this as they contain the necessary Greek characters (Ɛ, Ɣ) and Cyrillic (Ɔ). However, you may find fewer fonts with the Latin Eng character (Ŋ).  You also do not have to limit yourself to Adobe fonts, you can install any font you buy.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I say "this article" I meant to link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinka_alphabet !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help Test_Screen_Name!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0