• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does my Client need a license to use an Adobe Font?

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a Package Design for a client, I'm using several Fonts from Typekit, like Forma DJR Banner and Bebas Neue Pro. I have an Adobe subscription and it says in the FAQ that I can use the fonts for personal and commercial client projects - does this mean the Client does not have to purchase a license themselves? It's enough if I have a license?

I couldn't find this topic anywhere in the support forums, sorry if it's already been discussed.

Thanks for help!

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

This site should provide you with all the information you need to answer your questions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/using/font-licensing.ug.html

I think this is the answer you're looking for:

Q. Can I use Adobe fonts for commercial projects and client work?
A: Yes, Adobe's standard font licensing agreement (EULA) allows for both personal and commercial use, sales, and distribution of designs and documents which are created using the font software. This may include pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This site should provide you with all the information you need to answer your questions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/using/font-licensing.ug.html

I think this is the answer you're looking for:

Q. Can I use Adobe fonts for commercial projects and client work?
A: Yes, Adobe's standard font licensing agreement (EULA) allows for both personal and commercial use, sales, and distribution of designs and documents which are created using the font software. This may include printed materials, logos, and rendered content like photographs, film, video and bitmap graphics.

If distributed, the design should not contain the original font, but can be converted to vector outlines, rasterized, or subsetted and embedded in an electronic document like a PDF or eBook.

Basically, as long as what you give your client cannot be edited by your client, you should be all right.

Be aware that using fonts from foundries other than Adobe might lead to a nasty suprise later on if you have to make changes. Fonts from partner font foundries can be pulled, and your only recourse then is to license the font directly from the former partner. This happened in May with Font Bureau and Carter & Cone, leading to a lot of unhappy creatives posting in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines