Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable embed fonts

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I have some questions about editable embed fonts usage. I have Adobe Fonts through my Creative Cloud subscription but still don't understand if it covers the commercial use I want for.

First of all: Is it allowed to fully embed fonts (editable embed permission fonts)  in PDF forms in a way that the person recieving the file can use same embedded fonts to fill in with and change to their own words in the text fields I embedded the fonts? 

Are there a new "Font embedding permission" that applies to Adobe Fonts? The only links I find are these but they no longer apply, right? Since I guess they apply to former Typekit?

https://www.adobe.com/se/products/type/font-licensing/font-embedding-permissions.html
https://www.adobe.com/se/products/type/font-licensing/additional-license-rights.html

I need to know if Adobe Fonts allows me to use the fonts in PDF Form created in Acrobat and then sell the form as an editable PDF template with the fonts embedded so that the user can use the same text I embedded to change words in the text field, in Adobe Reader. For example, create birthday invitations, etc. as the customer downloads the PDF, changes to any text with the same font, saves the file and then prints.

Would also like to ask if anyone knows if the SIL open font license allows this type of usage with fonts licenced under them and if the SIL license text must be included with the PDF when it is sold or if this is not needed in this usage? Read their terms but not sure if I need to meantion the font creator and including the licence text.

Would really appreciate if  Adobe employee with expertis in this particular area could answear my questions. Or anyone with good knowledge of Adobe Fonts licenses can answer me as I really want to make sure I can rely on that answers without any hesitatons or further questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines