• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font download issue

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC and downloaded the font family Open Sans, which is the primary font for my client. It did download all faces (reg, bold, ital), but for some reason there's an issue with Open Sans Light; it is 'activated' and shows up in the font settings on the PC, and while I'm working in InDesign, it seems to display well, but when I go to package the document, the font is missing, so I can't share the file.It seems that the font resides somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it.
Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

When you use the Adobe Fonts service, the fonts you activate are not downloaded and installed the same way as fonts which you have purchased perpetual licenses from a font foundry and that provide you with physical font files. No such files are made available for fonts licensed via Adobe Fonts.

Thus, if you “package” an InDesign document, any fonts used from the Adobe Fonts service will not package, but they will be available no matter where you move your InDesign document on your system assum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the Adobe Fonts service, the fonts you activate are not downloaded and installed the same way as fonts which you have purchased perpetual licenses from a font foundry and that provide you with physical font files. No such files are made available for fonts licensed via Adobe Fonts.

Thus, if you “package” an InDesign document, any fonts used from the Adobe Fonts service will not package, but they will be available no matter where you move your InDesign document on your system assuming the font is still activated. If you send you InDesign document to another system and/or user, that font will also need to be activated via Adobe Fonts on the other systems in question.

Since all subscriptions to InDesign, either individually or via the complete Adobe Creative Cloud include access to the Adobe Fonts service, not packaging such fonts should not be a problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the timely response Dov - much appreciated. To be clear, if I'm sending a packaged file to a printer (or possibly to another team mate), then those users would need to also activate the fonts on their end? I guess what threw me off was that when I packaged the indd file, all but one of the Open Sans font had been collected - but to your point, it seems that I don't need to provide fonts to other users.
thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your understanding is correct. Make sure that the recipients know that you are in fact using the Adobe Fonts service and make sure that it is enabled at their end.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines