Font suddenly unavailable

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font I used in a documetn a few months ago is suddenly no longer available. How am I supposed to work  when the fonts suddenly disappear? The font in question for the job I'm currently trying to work on is ModernoFB Regular. The job is a series of books that all need to look identical. The first book is finished and in print, but now I can't make the rest of the series match. Where did this font go?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font suddenly unavailable

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font I used in a documetn a few months ago is suddenly no longer available. How am I supposed to work  when the fonts suddenly disappear? The font in question for the job I'm currently trying to work on is ModernoFB Regular. The job is a series of books that all need to look identical. The first book is finished and in print, but now I can't make the rest of the series match. Where did this font go?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud automatically deactivates fonts that you're not using. It is an absolutely TERRIBLE user experience. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It deactivates fonts you are using, too, which is a real surprise when you're working on a document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that it deactivated the font, it's completely missing from the Adobe available font list. It used to be there, because I googled the font name and it came  up with an Adobe cloud page, but it was a 404 page when I clicked the link. Where the heck did the font go? I thought that having these fonts available was supposed to be one of the perks of the whole cloud thing - well it's not a perk if they dissappear. I refuse to buy that font family when I'm paying Adobe monthly and am supposed to be able to use it. It's really frustrating, and will be difficult to explain to my customer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderno FB is a Font Bureau font. Font Bureau removed its fonts from the Adobe Fonts service back in May or June. 

See this thread with Dov Isaac's explanation in the Adobe Fonts forum.

Your choice is to try and find a similar font or to purchase a license from Font Bureau

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0