• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts beyond Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team is working to define are Brand Standards and we are choosing a font that all of us in the Marketing Team have access to because we all have an Adobe Creative Cloud account.  But, what if we want other employees who wouldn't have need of a full Creative Cloud account to use that font in their PowerPoints and Word documents?  Is there a way to just buy the font itself for those types of situations?  Having done some cursory searching, I haven't found an answer, so I'm hoping posting here will make it easier for me to get to the right information.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the typo above.  I can't figure out how to edit.  (Insert facepalm emoji here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to settle on a type family that will be widely available to people without an Adobe Creative Cloud account or other graphics software I would suggest looking first at open source typefaces (free for personal and commercial use) available at sites like Google Fonts and Font Squirrel. Funny thing: the Adobe Fonts service hosts a decent number of typefaces also found at Google Fonts. A good number of these typefaces are actually really good; they're either well-designed and/or have a good number of OpenType features one would expect in commercially purchased fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not that you can't figure it out, it's that editing is only available once you hit a certain participation level. 🙂 I think there's an effort to get Khorus (the forum software provider) to remove the ...More link until you do hit that level to prevent confusion, but Khorus has been dilatory in rolling out fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines