FONTS HAVE DISAPPEARED

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...similar problem..got a book jacket going to print and the 2 fonts I have used (VERY RECENTLY) have disappeared....SO not good. Its like buying a car then the dealer removing one of the wheels in the night and hiding it...useless. What happens now? What do I tell my publisher boss? Rubbish....

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by LinSims | Adobe Community Professional

If your font family was offered from either the Font Bureauor the Carter & Cone font foundaries, it is no longer available through Adobe Fonts because those two foundaries decided to pull all of their fonts from Adobe Fonts. You will need to contact the owning font foundary to license them directly.

Dov Isaacs posted an explanation here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?cid=101&cgid=18323&page=1

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

FONTS HAVE DISAPPEARED

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...similar problem..got a book jacket going to print and the 2 fonts I have used (VERY RECENTLY) have disappeared....SO not good. Its like buying a car then the dealer removing one of the wheels in the night and hiding it...useless. What happens now? What do I tell my publisher boss? Rubbish....

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by LinSims | Adobe Community Professional

If your font family was offered from either the Font Bureauor the Carter & Cone font foundaries, it is no longer available through Adobe Fonts because those two foundaries decided to pull all of their fonts from Adobe Fonts. You will need to contact the owning font foundary to license them directly.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?cid=101&cgid=18323&page=1

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Ive searched for the fonts already and they are simply not listed...see screen grabs...is it that they will eventually appear, or are these fonts now defunct? I need to know VERY quickly. Adobe and CC cant hold people hostage like this...we are paying for a service....Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.37.17.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.50.20.png

Translate

Translate

Jun 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and Im REALLY not bothered about getting BADGES. We are professional designers not schoolchildren. Please dont patronise us and please tell me WHERE ARE THE FONTS I PAID FOR?

Translate

Translate

Jun 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, there is no problem with Adobe Fonts.   If you're not synced to the cloud, perhaps that's why you're not seeing fonts.  Try rebooting your computer.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Jun 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/font-bureau-fonts-being-retired-awesome/td-p/11090652?cid...

Translate

Translate

Jun 27, 2020 0