• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELVETICA FONT

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am planning to buy HELVETICA REGULAR from linotype. It will cost 39 euro. Are there other cheaper solutions than this?. Can I find it also somewhere for free? Can I buy it also from Adobe?

Thanks

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

To be very clear, you typically don't buy a font; you license a font.

Adobe no longer directly licenses any Helvetica font other than as part of the Adobe Font Folio product (see https://www.adobe.com/products/fontfolio.html). You can legally license various flavours of Helvetica directly from Linotype and other vendors on their behalf.

There are no “free” versions of Helvetica. You can reasonably assume that if you find a website offering a “free” download of Helvetica, you are dealing with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be very clear, you typically don't buy a font; you license a font.

Adobe no longer directly licenses any Helvetica font other than as part of the Adobe Font Folio product (see https://www.adobe.com/products/fontfolio.html). You can legally license various flavours of Helvetica directly from Linotype and other vendors on their behalf.

There are no “free” versions of Helvetica. You can reasonably assume that if you find a website offering a “free” download of Helvetica, you are dealing with pirated software.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines