House industries and other retired fonts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we see which fonts that will be retired? Is there a list of fonts that will be retired soon? 
I consider this vital info for management of my documents, website, and various design projects. 

would be great to know which fonts will be discontinued for both reasons of being able to purchase elsewhere and to turn into outlines in various documents for continued use. 

I'm curious what others think, but would say this is a definite downfall to using adobe font library. The ease of use and activate/deactivate system works fine until you open a document that no longer has your original font that you designed for that document and you have no idea what that design or mock-up was supposed to look like. 

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

House industries and other retired fonts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we see which fonts that will be retired? Is there a list of fonts that will be retired soon? 
I consider this vital info for management of my documents, website, and various design projects. 

would be great to know which fonts will be discontinued for both reasons of being able to purchase elsewhere and to turn into outlines in various documents for continued use. 

I'm curious what others think, but would say this is a definite downfall to using adobe font library. The ease of use and activate/deactivate system works fine until you open a document that no longer has your original font that you designed for that document and you have no idea what that design or mock-up was supposed to look like. 

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so mad that this question never got resolved by someone from the Adobe team - I had to Google for House Industries and the font creator listed that their font was retired on Adobe Fonts, but there's no documentation on Adobe websites that it was even ON Adobe Fonts/Typekit. I had to do revisions on a project submitted over a year ago and had to replace the entire font usage in a project.🤬

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this a major problem for business users that are using Adobe Fonts in document templates or brand guides. Maybe it's designers' fault for using things they don't have a perpetual license for, and since Adobe Fonts is just a bundled service that probably generates very little revenue for Adobe, they have virtually no incentive to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0