• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to change the "nominal" weight of a font via CSS?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to start using VAG Rundschrift on my website. It has two weights: a light version and a regular version that actually looks bold or black.

The issue is: it is the Regular, bold-like version the one that is shown when setting the font-weight as "normal" via CSS. For the Light weight, I need to specify font-weight: 300. Is it possible to set the Regular version as bold (when using font-weight: bold or font-weight: 700) and the Light version as normal (as default weight, font-weight: normal or font-weight: 400)? I know it would be doable if loading the font files directly via my CSS, but not sure how to do it while using the Typekit stylesheet.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. The font-weight for each variation is assigned in our backend and at this time, there isn’t a way to specify this in the web project settings. However, there is some CSS that might help with this.

You could create classes to make this a little easier:

.bold-round {

font-weight: 400;

}

.reg-round {

font-weight: 300;

}

Then, add these classes to any elements in your HTML. It’s not the prettiest solution but it might make things work smoother for your workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. The font-weight for each variation is assigned in our backend and at this time, there isn’t a way to specify this in the web project settings. However, there is some CSS that might help with this.

You could create classes to make this a little easier:

.bold-round {

font-weight: 400;

}

.reg-round {

font-weight: 300;

}

Then, add these classes to any elements in your HTML. It’s not the prettiest solution but it might make things work smoother for your workflow. I’ll let the team know you’d like some more features to customize the web project.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines