• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kinescope displaying crazy characters

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully used Kinescope on a title in the previous issue of the magazine I design. I thought I might use it again, but this time something is acting very weird. The preview in the font pulldown renders correctly, but the text itself is all messed up. Here's a screenshot:

Kinescope gone crazy.png

I tried it on several pieces of text in the document, but it always fails like this. Other fonts are fine. And it's still fine in the previous magazine issue's document, even if I add it to additional text as a test. It's just in this document that it's going haywire. Theories?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Hi OsakaWebbie,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Kinescope font. I have tried to reproduce the same at my end. it shows fine at my end. We'd like to confirm a few more details like: -

• Are you using kinescope regular?
  • Have you tried deactivating and activating it again?

Could you please share the file with me over a private message so that I can investigate at my end?

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OsakaWebbie,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Kinescope font. I have tried to reproduce the same at my end. it shows fine at my end. We'd like to confirm a few more details like: -

• Are you using kinescope regular?
  • Have you tried deactivating and activating it again?

Could you please share the file with me over a private message so that I can investigate at my end?

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the kind response. I thought I had tried deactivating/re-activating before I write my original post, but either I didn't or a second cycle was needed, because now it's working.

In case you're wondering, yes, it is Kinescope Regular - I didn't know there was any other type (that is the only one listed in Adobe Fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're glad you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe Fonts. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines