List of all Adobe Fonts typefaces?

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've had a question from elsewhere in my company asking what typefaces are available on Adobe Fonts, and other than slowly browsing the whole website, I have no idea how to answer that!

So my question is: is there a plain text list of every single typeface currently available on Adobe Fonts?

I'm aware that the list probably changes regularly, and I'd rather it didn't include every font/weight within a typeface (if at all possible), but anything will do.

Many thanks,

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

List of all Adobe Fonts typefaces?

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've had a question from elsewhere in my company asking what typefaces are available on Adobe Fonts, and other than slowly browsing the whole website, I have no idea how to answer that!

So my question is: is there a plain text list of every single typeface currently available on Adobe Fonts?

I'm aware that the list probably changes regularly, and I'd rather it didn't include every font/weight within a typeface (if at all possible), but anything will do.

Many thanks,

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way to answer it without, as you put it, browsing through the whole website. There are 1,993 font families currently available from Adobe Fonts, many of them provided through partnerships with outside font foundries. As far as I know, there is not comprehensive list, at least not one available on the Adobe Fonts website. @Dov Isaacs might know differently, though.

You could concentrate on just the fonts provided by Adobe, since those are the only ones guaranteed to be available through a subscription to Adobe Fonts or to Adobe products that include access to Adobe Fonts. That reduces the number of pages to 9 from 167.

[Outside font foundaries can, and have, cancelled their partnerships with Adobe and withdrawn their fonts from Adobe Fonts, making the font unavailable to people who have been using it without their buying a license from the owning foundary.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably, I know of no such publicly available simple list.

Quite frankly, what I would really love would be a downloadable PDF file not only providing a simple list as described, but also for each font family and font style therein, specimens of the font, provision of the font's entire glyph complement (including ligatures, alternate characters, etc. and the Unicode values), OpenType features, etc.

The ability to find what you want and/or explore using the current web pages is an exercise in futility as far as I am personally concerned. But, alas, I have no control over that!

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and that such a document be updated on a very regular basis.

It should also have cross-references to languages / character sets, available styles, font classification, etc.

It should be somewhat simple to automate creation of such a PDF file in conjuntion with InDesign.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies guys. Shame nothing available exists, such a PDF would be incredibly useful (though complex and huge, surely)! I'm fairly sure they're looking to ditch an old font manager, but it's hard to make that call without having some at-a-glance idea of the fonts you are getting from AF (though I know they change).

More detailed search options built into the website would always be welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0