Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Longevity of fonts in Adobe Fonts?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am redesigning a magazine, and I am wondering about how Adobe Fonts are managed. If a type family is part of Adobe Fonts now, is there a really good chance it will stay a part of Adobe Fonts for 5+ years? Or is this more like Netflix, where one year a font is there and another year it's gone? If it's more like Netflix, is there a certain subset of fonts that are most likely to stick around?

I will need to use whichever fonts I choose for at least several years. We've used the previous fonts from the previous design for 5.5 years.

Thanks for any insights!

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , FAQ , How to , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(not an official reply) Adobe Fonts is a pretty new service and nobody can predict the future. But I don't think Adobe will treat it as a rolling (changing) collection of fonts. However, there have been cases where fonts have been removed from Adobe's list of fonts. Most fonts are not owned by Adobe, so at any time licenses may be renegotiated or dropped, even if the font is new. This hasbeen known to happen.

If it were me, and I wanted stability over such a period, I would choose and license fonts for my team in the traditional way. (Over time even permanently purchased fonts have become useless because of technological change, but 5 years does not seem unreasonable so long as you choose OTF fonts today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines