• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Adelle vs. Adelle PE across computers. Different versions of same font.

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a document that has styles set up with Adelle PE that was access from Adobe Fonts - and now that font is missing and is replaced with a font called Adelle. My colleague who also accesses this document still has the Adelle PE version and not the Adelle. This issue has just poped up in the last couple of days. How do I fix this issue!

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately the foundry updated Adelle and we were required to replace the Adelle PE family with the family that is available in the library now.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking this response as correct to highlight to future customers landing on this page>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of document?  Are you embedding fonts?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It is an Indesign document and they fonts are not embedded - I don't think you can embed adobe fonts? We can't collect the fonts either....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you export it to PDF?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document was designed using Adobe Font - Adelle PE (on the cloud) all the styles are set up this way... Somehow the creative cloud has been updated and it is no longer alled Adelle PE on the cloud it is called Adelle... My computer is showing all kinds of errors but my colleague doesn't have this problem their system is still accessing Adelle PE... So I can't just change it on my system as it will show up as missing fonts on her machine... I'm not sure how exporting to a PDF will be helpful? It's a document/template that needs to accessed/used many more time after this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened also to my team.

I didn't had the Adelle PE sinchronized in my machine but my colleages did.

In Adobe fonts, both fontes (Adelle and Adelle PE) existed and both could be used.

I think the fonts are the same but different versions.

Tested both fonts in one of my colleagues machine and the fonts have the same look but with some differences in:

- kerning;

- some characters (c, as example);

- ligatures

the image below show the problem.

I overlay the same text but with different fonts (Alelle PE in yellow and Adelle in black) and you can notice the difference in black.

PauloSC_0-1601038506369.png

In short, this is a mess. We use a font from Adobe fonts and someone decide to remove it, by some reason.

in my case, my company used this font for school books that are valid for several years.

Any change in a Adobe font, for us are additional work and additional costs, because we cannot reuse the printing plates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. All of my colleagues are still able to view and use Adelle PE as normal, but for me it's listed as a missing font that I can't source from anywhere. I've been trying everything and searching everywhere for a fix, but have found nothing... Adobe needs to come to the rescue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleagues need to unsynchronyze Adelle PE and synchronize the new Adelle.

Be aware that are little differences in the font and your work can reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, How do you unsynchronyze a font. I have all the Adelle fonts activitated and only the regular font still wants to link to Adelle PE Regular rather than the Adelle Regular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned that Adobe has discontinued Adelle PE. If you had it activated before it was discontinued, it might be fine(?) If you deactivate it, you won't be able to get it back. I found that a switch to plain Adelle causes reflow problems, a major headache.

Adobe has discontinued other fonts before (ex: Benton Sans), which is so frustrating. (And costly if you later need to buy a font family or take the time to find something else.) Nothing makes a designer more angry than discontinuing fonts that were once available. Not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went through the same gyrations with my design team. Found this community thread while doing a simple Google search for Adelle PE. Glad I found it before wasting any more time trying to figure it out. Time to swap out fonts in several design files.

I think this is going to be a taste of what it will be like when the upcoming font apocalypse happens. It won't be pretty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread after I sent an annual report to the printer and they said "Adelle PE" was missing and not available with the Creative Cloud subscription. Once again, Adobe is making it harder to do my job. There is no way I'm going to replace "Adelle PE" with "Adelle" when this project is at the printer and already on a tight deadline. What a nightmare and no way around it. Why? Adobe WHY???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately the foundry updated Adelle and we were required to replace the Adelle PE family with the family that is available in the library now.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking this response as correct to highlight to future customers landing on this page>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines