Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Source Serif Variable

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have problems with the font Source Serif Variable. I took this font because it looks friendly for a Christian calendar. I took it in different version, with an without manual setting of the font weight. In InDesign is no problem to see. But while printing you see white holes in the letters; see attachment. In the PDF, the error can only be seen in certain scalings.

Does anyone have the same problems? Now the calendars (~ 200'000 pcs.) are ready and its to late. But I want to use the font again - without this problems!

Thanks,

Burkhard

Thread moved to Type & Typography community since Source Serif Variable is not a font currently available via the Adobe Fonts service. - Mod.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gbvd18422388_0-1591178752852.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be most helpful if you could post at least a sample PDF file (as well as the source InDesign document from which it was produced) that displays this issue such that we can examine this both within our typography group and the Acrobat group here at Adobe.

If you prefer, you can send me a private message with a link to such files. 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Did you find a solution ? I have the same problem here and cannot figure how to resolve...

Thanks,

Gaétan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines