• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Titling Gothic font

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: This font will not be part of the Adobe font collection starting May 15. Suggestions on replacement fonts? Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes Here are few similar fonts that I have found:

Pleaselet me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, I will check them out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, very helpful recommendations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future is there some way to give users a warning before fonts are pulled from the collection? I have used Titling Gothic on virtually all materials created for one client and now I am going to have to go through and replace it in hundreds of places.

I think this got posted below, was supposed to address the Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey !
They actually did send several emails before pulling those fonts out. They also allow the Adobe Fonts users to have special offers on the fonts licences. That is annoying anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never recieved any emails regarding Titling Gothic? Last one I had from support@typkit was regarding House Industries…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is tough when you find that special font and you have used it across campaigns, etc. We have the same deal. We did run several tests. We ended up using "Obviously" which was not a perfect fit. Trade Gothic Next was really close. It some characters a better fit. Check it out and good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it sucks, I have the feeling there is something that does not work with Typekit's business model. You never know if a font will still be available in the next few years. I end up being reluctent to use the fonts beyond a on shot job or for outlined branding assets... I otherwise pay for licenses when the budget allows it, or just go for open source options...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entirely second this. I didn't receive any warning emails or notifications in CC apps, and now have a number of serious problems with clients because this font is no longer available. It's all well and good to say 'license direct from the foundry', but budget rarely allows me this luxury. Moreover, what's the point of having a type utility if we're not able to really trust it? Typekit's whole premise when launched was that it was a clean, comprehensive, user-friendly type-library solution for designers, and pulling a huge family of popular fonts without warning really undermines this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the more reason NOT to rely on Adobe and their font collection. you are much better off purchasing the font you want and using a font utility to load it on your computer. Fool me once....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is something I hadn't expected...I must say that I'm not too impressed. I hope it doesn't become a regular thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's totally dependent on the font foundaries who own the fonts and who license their use through Adobe. If you are concerned about losing access through Adobe, then you should probably contact the owning foundary and license directly from them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am really also not very happy about this. As I have used it for a whole Visual Identity. I can not find any mails, where this is informed. Can you please send any suggestions on where I can by the font? Thanx a million. // Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titling Gothic is produced by Font Bureau. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm in Canada and have been using Titling Gothic since the first week of September, 2020 and now I see its been taken off.

This is very disappointing.  As mentioned by other users a lot of my work was based around it.

Question to everyone, whats the next best substitute for this font on Adobe Typekit (other than the ones mentioned like Balboa, Roboto and Obviously, I didn't like those as much)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple others that might work are: Trade Gothic Next LT Pro or Franklin Gothic URW Ext. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damnit!! This was such a good font! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah what a shame. I went a head and bought the font. The alternative don't compare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know it's been a long time but I'm going through the same ordeal now with replacing the Titling Gothic Normal, and the closest fonts I could find are Pragmatica Extended & Nimbus Sans Extended. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A late reply but I found Roc Grotesk Wide (on typekit) works well and Konstant Grotesk (Behance - theres 1 weight for personal free use) is also a good alternative. Really upset Titling Gothic was removed but these are the alternatives I have personally gone with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typewolf recommends a font called Obviously.

https://www.typewolf.com/titling-gothic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines