• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Able to track which users have watched videos as part of a Course?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - after some research, and being very new to Captivate PRIME, I am asking for your help. 

I have two courses set up that are a series of videos that I am requiring my Learners/enrollees to watch. I have yet to determine how to 'track' which users have completed the videos/course. Said another way, I would love to see which videos have been completed by Learner/enrollee A, B, and C. Is this possible?  If so how? 

I thank you in advance and please feel free to ask any questions for clarification. 

EDIT: apparantly I have Captivate Prime, which may change your answers! Updated above

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual way this is done is by uploading your course module/s to a Learning Management System (or LMS for short).  You need to turn on LMS reporting in Quiz settings inside Captivate and then publish your content from Captivate as HTML zip file.  This zip file is then uploaded to your LMS.  If your organisation does not have an LMS, then you either pay for hosting , or install one.  The courses are usually accessed from the LMS over the internet, or via your company's Intranet (if that's where the LMS is hosted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @RodWard. It was my understanding that captivate can do such things. Clearly my understanding was incorrect! Is there any realistic way to do something similar within the program itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think perhaps you misunderstand.  Adobe Captivate creates the SCORM module.  It's the LMS that has the job of tracking the user's interaction with the SCORM object.

Are you perhaps confusing Adobe Captivate with another software system (an LMS in fact) that has the very similar name of Adobe Captivate PRIME? 
https://www.adobe.com/au/products/captivateprime.html

These are really two different applications from Adobe but don't ask me why their marketing department couldn't have come up with a less confusing name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to that effect - I actually have Captivate Prime! Does this change the situation? (also may be why I cannot find the correct information). Completely on me for not understanding what I have been handed, but to your point - the naming  could be better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I think you should be asking these questions on the Adobe Captivate Prime forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-prime/bd-p/captivate-prime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard. Appreciate your assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to move the whole thread to the Prime forum. You are not the first user being confused by 'Adobe Captivate' vs 'Captivate Prime'. Prime, a LMS, is not at all limited to uploading Captivate courses, they should have used a better name indeed. BTW it is a very good LMS....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a late reply to you, but I have posted the same question over there as well. I appreciate your responsiveness! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed that you have already posted in Prime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

We can upload each video as a module to Captivate Prime as an author.

Then we can create one course using all the modules (each with one video file). 

In the course report we can see which user has completed which module and left with which module to complete. 

Kindly let me know if any further assistance is required. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards,

Debiprasad Maharana

Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you update the video so that users can't scrub through to the end? This is a critical compliance requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subtle but profound difference between Captivate and Captivate Prime.
Super easy to add content, group into courses and add courses into a program DIRECTLY with Captivate Prime, however progress of learner is only tracked as viewed or not viewed.
If content is made in Captivate with interactions (quiz, next,..),and then added to Captivate Prime; it reports based on the grading/progress built into content - not just viewed or not viewed. 
I'm a rookie - hired a Captivate coach from Upwork, 1:1 screen sharing using Adobe Connect to see exactly what I was doing (wrong). Game changer! Rolled out my first program; 5 courses; 38 "content".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

Glad to know that Captivate and Captivate Prime is helping you achieve your goal.

Support for Captivate and Captivate Prime is completely free and you can contact us to help you with any issue you have with these 2 applications.

For any further assistance, kindly post your questions here on the Forums page or contact us using any of the channels in the link below. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate-prime

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Debiprasad Maharana

Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will respond to "ANY" issue with Adobe Captivate?

I look forward to this changed behaviour from Adobe Support.  It's very rare for Adobe Support to respond to any Adobe Captivate issues on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to hear from you.

I am not sure if we can definitely resolve all the issues reported, but we can definitely try our best to resolve them.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody expects that you will have all the answers to every problem.  But one of the frequent complaints on this forum is that Adobe's own staff hardly ever contribute.  They leave all the heavy lifting to a few unpaid Captivate users who often end up taking the heat when functionality doesn't work as expected. 

So, we will be more than happy just to see Adobe staffers actually connecting with the Captivate users on this forum and providing us with a way to have our concerns and questions relayed back to the people that should be able to answer them.  That will be a welcome change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

I can attest, (at least as it relates to my own questions), that Staff has always been very good at responding through the Prime forums.

Not sure how much you follow the Prime forums but as you know - the experience is not the same over on the Captivate forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had the pleasure of using Captivate Prime.  All of my clients have used other LMSs.  So I haven't had to engage with anyone on the Prime forum about issues.

But Debiprasad clearly stated that he was offering help with any issue related to either Captivate OR Captivate Prime.  If the user experience on the Prime forum is much better than on the Captivate forum, then someone in the Adobe Captivate team needs to step up to the plate more and chime in here to offer solutions. 

I would logically assume that Captivate has a much larger user base than the Prime LMS.  Captivate users have been promised support BY Adobe (it's all over their website) and I am getting tired of seeing all the support load fall on the same few self-less unpaid users supporting everyone else while Adobe sits back and ignores our requests for much-needed improvements to this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources