• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in AME with P2 Media

Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this just about everywhere known to mankind, called Adobe, had experts look at it and not figure out what was going on, so what the heck, what's 1 more time posting it for a fresh set of eyes.

I shoot news on a Panasonic P2 camera. Every camera has the metadata set up such that when you put it into any editor Avid, Edius, Adobe the camera Clips are renamed to the photographer whose camera they originated from with a sequential number. 

Ever since probably CC 2017, if I copy my P2 card to my computer via windows (So usually I have a project folder, then inside that is the "Contents" folder and "Last Clip" file from my camera's card) and import it using media browser without checking ingest the metadata, is preserved and life is great. If I wanted to save time a leverage one of the features of Premiere which is being able to start editing while the material is being ingested in the background, and I check the ingest box and import the material that way I lose all the Metadata and it reverts to the random clip ID name that Panasonic generates at the core of the MXF file. Not too handy when I am looking for a specific clip number, because it no longer exists.

I am posting this in the media encoder forum because the more I have tinkered with it the more I am convinced it is something that is happening when media encoder is doing its voodoo in the background. 99% of the time I just copy the material via Windows and everything works for me, but it sure would be nice for it to work correctly so I could start editing before it is all imported. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?