• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 videos: 1920 x 1080 vs 110 x 1080, 90mb, both have the same size, why second one is not smaller?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i rendered 2 videos:

1920 x 1080, 2 min, 90mb

110 x 1080, 2 min, 90mb as well (like a vertical stripe)

i rendered both with same settings H.265 

why does second video have same size as the first? the second one is like a vertical stripe, so in theory i thought it would have smaller size after rendering, why does this occur and how to fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With video compression, frame size doesn't have the same effect that it does as with image compression; this is what your bit rate slider is for. Data rate is measured in Kbps or Mbps, which is Kilobits/Megabits Per Second. When you think about it this way, it makes sense and confirms what you're seeing. The two files have the same amount of data (bits) per second, regardless of frame size.

You can get away with much lower bit rates when you have smaller frame sizes, though, so try lowering your "Target Bitrate" slider under the "Video" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines