• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A.M.E. Queue Hangs On Second Video Every Time

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a consistent, repeatable issue with Media Encoder queues.   I'm creating queues of 2-6 videos, each 8k x 8k sequences rendering to 4k x 4k ProRes 422. The first video renders fine, somewhere between 2-4 hours. But the second video starts and then shows render times in the dozens to 100+ hours. It doesn't crash or hang per se, but the render times are absurd. I stop the render, restart the PC, open AME and reset the queue, then the render time is back to 2-4 hours. Once the second video in the queue starts, the same thing happens and I have to restart again, so it's not really a queue. I'm guessing there is some issue w/ the system not clearing / resetting VRAM or another system resource. I have nearly 100 videos like this to render, and my system is Windows 10, Media Encoder v14.5 (Build 48), PP v14.5.0 (Build 51), i9 7900x, 128GB RAM, 1080ti w/ 12GB VRAM, SSDs & NVME drives.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check the second video for a technical glitch which might cause the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the case, because as I said, once I restart my machine and reset the AME queue, the file that previously hung now renders in normal time.  Then the second video of that queue hangs - and when I restart and reset, it's the first and works fine, and now the new second video doesn't work.  It doesn't matter which video it is - the second video of a queue always hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is just a shot in the dark but ya never know.  What happens if your second video is something really simple, like a minute of bars and tone...  maybe 1080...  wondering if it's the second video or everything AFTER the first video.   are you set to hardware or software encoding?  might try and switch and see if that makes a difference...  and you might try and update or revert the driver for your video card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines