• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 14.2 is now available!

May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we're releasing Adobe Media Encoder 14.2 which is available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. Key features include import support of ProRes RAW footage and hardware-accelerated encoding for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs on Windows. To learn more, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/whats-new.html

To update Media Encoder, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click Update.

AME .png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Download and install , Formats , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As with a few others here I am having trouble getting Media Encoder and Premiere (14.3) to recognise NVIDIA GPU for encoding, the dropdown for Hardware in Encoding Settings > Performance is greyed out with the message "Hardware Encoding is unavailable. Please make sure this system meets hardware and minimum OS requirements for this functionality". I can see and use the GPU for rendering in AME (CUDA).

I am running this on AWS g4dn.xlarge instance running Windows Server 2016 Datacentre Version 1607, this is equipped with NVIDIA Tesla T4 GPU. I have insalled version 442.50 of the driver from NVIDIA.

I wonder if my problem is related to running on EC2 instance in AWS?

Update: For anyone else who may find themselves in this situation. I was able to resolve the problem by installing the AWS GRID drivers for the GPU. 

Eventhough the public drivers from NVIDIA website were installed and could be used by AME for rendering as well as by FFMPEG for NVENC hardware encoder that driver was not able to let AME use NVENC.  

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/WindowsGuide/install-nvidia-driver.html#nvidia-GRID-driver

Details here on installing GRID drivers for G4 instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines