• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe MEdia Encoder 14.x crashes on start

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried every solution in this forum - I think- but I can't start the AME 14.1, 14.2 o or 14.3.1

I have to install a 13.x version to make it run. 

I'm on Mac Catalina 10.15.6, but it happened with the previous version as well.
Caches have been deleted, app has been reinstalled, WSMgrCfg deleted as well, I can't open the app yet. 

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Cristian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian,

We're sorry for the trouble. I appreciate that you tried to troubleshoot the issue on your own before reaching out.

• Are you logged in as an administrator in the Operating System?
  • Do you get any error when the application fails to launch?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME 14.3.1 crashes within 30 sec on Catalina  10.15.6 on Mac ProScreen Shot 2020-07-27 at 2.00.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm logged in as admin and I didn't get any error. 

I talked to technical support and they found out the crash was caused by some plugins I had working on Premiere and AE. I had to unninstall the plugins in order to make it work, what it did. But somehow it doesn't feel like a fix to me. I lost expensive plugins I had bought and that I can't buy an update for them now. 

The weird thing is that the plugins worked well, but ruined the AME at launch. So I'm still trying to make sense of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get version 13 working but it's incredibly slow and have little chance of meeting my 4pm deadline (26 mins time). I use FCPX for editing not Premiere and use media Encoder as a stand alone app. The plugin issue seems like a red herring to me as I should not be affected by Premiere plugins.

OSX 10:15.5 MACBOOK PRO 16 GB RAM, QUAD CORE 17 2.8GHZ, AMD RADEON R9 M370X 2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this thread has been existing, and there is no solution. I too have been getting crashes on idle on the aforementioned version above as well as version 14.7, plus the beta versions as well.

I have a Windows 64-bit machine, Radeon 6800 GPU, 48 GB DDR4, AMD Ryzen 9 3800XT.

I also sent the crash reports on version 14.6 a number of times as well as the crash reports from the beta versions as well. So far, when version 14.7 came out, it still crashes.

The only last version that works is 14.0.

Adobe, please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 14.3.1 which I updated to today. the previous version had worked. This has caused me a massive issue as needed to supplied a revised part of a TV show this afternoon. I can't do this now and can't access the channels presets. Adobe all your apps are falling apart, what are you playing at?

Trying to roll back to version 13 but I don't have time to do this, encode and meet the TV deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines