• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 2020 "Watch Folder" won't recognize .aep files from After Effects 2020

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of talk about "Dynamic Links" regarding files coming from After Effects (.aep) and going to Media Encoder to render. Creating a "Watch Folder" is supposed to allow Media Encoder to immediatly read a file in a specific folder (once a file gets placed in that folder, .aep for example) and then send in to the "Queue" in Media Encoder to begin the render process into an .mp4 for example. But the "Watch Folder" is not reading my .aep files. My desktop (PC) is over qualified and brand new. I tried doing this on the 2019 versions...still no luck. Other files (.mov for example) get read by the "Watch Folder" and get sent to the "Queue" immediatly, Flawless Victory. I am testing with Premiere Pro soon to see if .prproj will get recognized by said "Watch Folder"...but as of now Media Encoder WILL NOT read .aep (After Effects) files. Any help, much appreciated. Beers on me. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render , Performance , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the Ae comps or Premiere sequences you want AME to pick up in the root of your project's folder structure? A watch folder will only see a project with comps and sequences sitting in the top-level of your hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines