Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Apple Prores MXG Alpha chanel problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am on windows trying to render an Prores MXF with alpha chanel, but whatever I try the alpha isn't there. How can I fix this?

Cheers,

Marten

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I'm also unable to create a ProRes 4444 file that retains the alpha channel. I'm rendering from After Effects. How can we create video files with alpha channels?  Has something changed?  Using Media Encode 15.2

I'm forced to create image sequences, which is unwieldy given the number of assets I need to create.

Thanks!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After further testing, I found that using the ProRes 4444 with alpha (Quicktime) preset, I was able to create a .mov file that I could access through my Avid Source Browser. It would then report the file wasn't supported and gave the option to Transcode/Consolidate the file. It then imported it into Avid Media Composer with the proper alpha.  The MXF preset of the import didn't work at all. 

As stated, I'm using Avid, but you may find that it's the MXF preset that is the issue, and the Quicktime preset may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines