• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018 does not release file lock on Footage files (Windows 10 & Windows 7)

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed that footage files in my Adobe After effects projects (such as a video file) that is included on the composition I send to the AME to render, is locked until I then close AME.

I can understand that AME needs to lock the file while it renders. But once the render is complete, this lock should be released.

This can be reproduced by creating a new After effects project, adding a composition from footage and choose a video. Render that composition in AME and once it is completed, attempt to rename the video in windows explorer. You can't, not until you close AME.

Anyone got any ideas about this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi user020241969,

Is this still occurring to you? If so, we are truly sorry for that, and please contact us here: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines