Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.1) update available

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.1) update is available.

It has bug fixes and some new features.

You'll see from the post above that one of the features is left somewhat unexplained for the moment. That's because we wanted to get the bug fixes for Adobe Media Encoder out as soon as possible, rather than hold this update and wait for it to coincide with certain other events. Stay tuned. We'll have more information about that new feature quite soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with Media Encoder 6.0.1 - it will encode for a few minutes, then slow down and sit, and then stop with an error (Error compiling movie.  Unknown error).  This happens with both h.264 and MPEG2, exporting 1080p.  This is with Windows 7, and the Task Manager shows the used memory increase and the CPU usage increase when ME starts, and when it slows down the CPU usage stops and the memory usage goes down.

(When it stops with the error it makes a loud noise, like a goat dying!  Must be the programmers idea of how to notify there is an error!)

This is happening on two different computers running Production Premium CS6 , and is pretty consistent between the two.  I don't know if ME 6.0 had this issue, only had CS6 a few days before the 6.0.1 update and may not have exported a file.  There have been no encoding issues at all with CS5 and CS5.5.

Any ideas what is causing this - something in the setup?  A bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What  source are you using?  Is it a media asset (if so what format?) or Premiere sequence?  Also verify that the Output File destination volume has sufficient space.  Lastly, check the Error Log (File menu > Show Errors) to see if there's more info on this failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles, I think we have identified the issue here and we're working on a fix. Stay tuned. Thanks for your patience.  Also, we think your issue is same as the one reported in the following thread.  So for future questions regarding this specific issue, please post to the following thread.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4420060#4420060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the update.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS6 and Premiere Pro CS6 bug-fix updates are available, and they fix some issues with exporting through Adobe Media Encoder:

http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ

Install the updates and let us know how they work for you. They should solve a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro CS6 bug-fix update solved my problem, thanks.  My issue was with Canon MXF clips, exported to AME.  These now encode with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major problems with Media Encoder CS6 creative cloud version. When I set my video to encode to h264 it encodes about 50% and then fails and makes a goat noise. When I check the log it says UNKNOWN ERROR. I downloaded and installed the update after seeing this post. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please help me out

Media Encoder CS6

Windows 7 64-bit

16GB RAM

quadro fx 3700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IAH: Since you have a supported CUDA card, I presume you have GPU acceleration enabled. Please try encoding with Mercury Playback Engine set to Software Only and let us know if encoding succeeds. [Note that I'm not proposing this as a solution but rather as a troubleshooting step. Of course, if encoding succeeds, then it's at least a workaround.]

BTW, I suggest that you start a new thread on this issue. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "encoding failed" sound effect is a sheep 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I never enbaled Gpu acceleration...it was at the default setting. I eventually got it to encode on the MAC but not on the PC. I'll try that and I'll let you know. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

In AME I dont see any option for GPU acceleration. The source didnt come from Adobe Premiere, it was a straight .MOV file. I have checked my settings and everything is at default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct that AME does not have a Mercury Playback control for switching between GPU and software-only; that's only in PPRO, and the setting in there affects AME's behavior only for jobs exported from PPRO. The next thing I suggest is to monitor RAM usage while encoding is under way. Does it either get pegged at 100%? If not, what's the highest it reaches before encoding fails?

CPU usage can also be of interest. It should remain high throughout encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding the updates I am also having this same issue with some HD footage i am exporting from PPRO to AME. Once exported the render starts and then errors with same sheep noise. I am unable to select that option in the project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, fail to encode. I switched to software only and it's encoding now. So what does this mean, my cuda card will not work with media encoder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there is a problem here. I have encoding issues too ... Fails to complete. I have not tried setting the 'software only' in PP yet.

Mac User.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with AME update. I own Suite Web & Design CS6. There was major updates for most of programs. However, AME gets always error, which I think has something to do with Flash, though I`m not sure. There error is:

"Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.3 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I210"

I try every day, but it doesn`t work.

Please help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ada_mju,

Please try installing the manual update: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=160&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines