• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Not Working Properly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME recently stopped working for me. It will launch when I queue a project to be exported, however, the project won't show up in AME so I can start the export process. I've searched and tried everything I can find with regards to fixing AME but still not working. I see a lot of posts about AME not working throughout the Internet with a few suggestions to fix but nothing seems to work with any regularity with anyone.

When it stopped working, I hadn't made any changes to my computer (iMac OS 10.11.3) or to my Adobe apps (I'm a CC subscriber). There was an update to PP and AME available, which I downloaded/installed but still not working.

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

I can think of one possibility but as you've not listed what you've done, I of course have no idea if you've already done this.

Which would be ... download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Now, using that app, uninstall & "clean" out AME, then reboot the computer. Using the CC Desktop app, download/install a fresh copy of AME.

Sometimes the apps lose track of each other due to corruption or something, and this might

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

I was getting SO frustrated because AME suddenly stopped working. I updated everything etc, but the solution was that the Queue panel of Media Encoder closed somehow, so I couldn't see the projects I was sending from After Effects. Once I reopened the queue everything was there! (and like 35 compositions waiting to be renderered because I tried it so many times out of frustration)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Anyone from Adobe? This is a real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of one possibility but as you've not listed what you've done, I of course have no idea if you've already done this.

Which would be ... download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Now, using that app, uninstall & "clean" out AME, then reboot the computer. Using the CC Desktop app, download/install a fresh copy of AME.

Sometimes the apps lose track of each other due to corruption or something, and this might be the fix. If you've just used the OS uninstall process, that doesn't count as that does NOT get to the files that could be causing your situation.

If you've used the CC Cleaner tool already ... hoping someone else on here can jump in!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I didn't know about the cleaner tool. I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it works ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally had a chance to try it. Worked correctly for the first videos I exported. Maybe this fixed it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, certainly hope your issue is fixed!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and first tried updating After Effects and Media Encoder with no luck. Next I uninstalled  both After Effects and Media Encoder then did fresh installs for both and it now works fine. I did not need to fiddle with the Cleaner tool as mentioned above. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to automate this whole process.

Just follow the video and you'll have everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting SO frustrated because AME suddenly stopped working. I updated everything etc, but the solution was that the Queue panel of Media Encoder closed somehow, so I couldn't see the projects I was sending from After Effects. Once I reopened the queue everything was there! (and like 35 compositions waiting to be renderered because I tried it so many times out of frustration)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis, thanks! My issue was as simple as that. Must've accidentally closed that panel. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue too. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo im just here to tell you thank you lol just saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy gosh.  I wish this was at the top of the forum.  I went thru the entire process of uninstalling and "cleaning" only to find the queue panel was closed.  Gadzooks.  Thank you for posting, this has just improved my day significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer should really be at the top of the thread, as I was having this exact problem. It's nice to know it's simply a colossal failure of UI design rather than the usual deeper problems with Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Cow!! derrrrrr thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - "Queue" panel was unchecked for some reason. Thanks so much for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a star! Same problem here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to open that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AHHH! You're a life safer!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything recomended on this thread with no luck. Then I installed to the previous version of AME and its working. Maybe not a perminent fix but its a nice temporary one until Adobe uploads a new patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gabriel,

If a previous version of Me is working, which version of Premiere are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and will also reinstall, but maybe this will help to resolve the issue.

When I restart the AME after the export, the file is there in the queue list.  So, I export and AME start, but queue stays empty.  I close AME and restart it, and then the export appears in the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tell you what my solution eventually was: 

I re-did my work using the 2019 software, and all of the problems that are supposedly the result of my hardware or whatever just magically disappeared.

Here is the solution I would suggest for Adobe: 

Test your software properly before releasing an update. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines