• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Quality Bar Disappeared when exporting as GIF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am currently having trouble when exporting GIFS in Media Encoder.
The GIFS i have been exporting are loosing some quality from the original artwork (green dashes/dots appearing). After seeing this I wanted to up the quality as my GIFS are only coming out at around 2.5mb, I have used the Quality Bar (Basic Video Settings) before in Media Encoder to increase/decrease the quality of GIF but can't see any option to do so anymore? I am not sure if this is from a new update or settings I have set when starting my animation. I will attach photos to show what I mean. Any help to get the quality bar back would be great. If that is not the issue, then any help to remove the poor quality (green dots and dashes) and up the fize size of my GIFS would be great.

Thanksss1.pngss2.pngss3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the AME forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem with you...have you found any solutions ? 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: https://medium.com/@samuelbader/adobe-media-encoder-animated-gif-quality-slider-does-exactly-nothing...

Basically, that slider never really did anything so I'm guessing that's why they removed it.

Can you try bringing your animation into Photoshop and exporting your GIF that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read up on this and its a great/interesting read so thanks! I have now just turned to using Photoshop to create GIFs instead as the file size and quality seemed to be perfect. Although I still think this is a shame as AAE animation options are so SO much better! Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I certainly don't disagree, seems odd to have to use Photoshop but I'd rather have something work than nothing! I'm guessing they don't want to re-invent the wheel in AE when PS already does the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines