• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe rgb avchd footage. How to transcode to cineform srgb?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a lot of footage both RAW (hyperlapse) and Video (AVCHD). For the video shots I have used framerates of 23.976 and 59.976 for slow motion. Before I went on the shoot I quickly had to set up a camera with some settings and set it to Adobr rgb, because someone said so.

However, now that I have read my way around different color spaces and the AVCHD codec, I found out that using Adobe RGB may have not been the best idea in terms of postproduction complications. Also I want to transcode the footage to a better performing codec and therefore decided to transcode to eather a cineform yuv 10 bit or rgba 12 bit (windows system).

I know that I could work on the footage natively in premiere, but I have plenty storage space and would like to increase the performance. Also, I am planning to do lots of grading as well as time remapping, masking and transitions in after effects without losing more quality.

Now I have the following question: Might it happen that if I use prelude and adobe media encoder to quicktime cineform, the color space will not be analysed properly and therefore it will clip some of the colors? I can't find anything about that, or even anyone who asked a question about how to batch transfer a video from Adobe rgb to a srgb color space.

Thanks for all of your help and corrections. I am relatively young so all of the concepts are relatively new to me. However I want to make sure that I can develop a workflow that allows me to be more professionell in the future and fulfill my creative goals.

Julius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?