• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 2020 misreads video lengths

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have some (dozens) of MOV files that I imported from a FireWire camcorder using iMovie on my Mac computer.  When I add any one of these MOV files as a source in AME 2020 14.3.2, it always reads the video length as 09:29.  I will encode the file, but it only encodes 09:29 worth of the file when the actual file is much longer.  The files open in QuickTime just fine.  

I have tried this on multiple computers and various versions of AME 2020, but it appears consistent.  I want to say that there's something wrong with the MOV file when iMovie captured it from the camcorder, but I have no way to confirm this.   It only seems to do this with FireWire MOV files, as I have confirmed it reads file length of various other video files correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas for this?  Any way to reset this somewhere?  Where is it reading the 09:29 from?  If the file is less than 9 seconds, it does read the file length correctly.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?